USA 10DLC and Toll-Free Messaging FAQ
10DLC and Toll-Free messaging has changed and it's now much more secure and reliable.
10DLC Messaging with local phone numbers
In 2019, mobile carriers (AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint) began officially supporting A2P (application to peer) messages. Anything that is not SMS sent from your personal cellphone to another cellphone is considered A2P.
All companies from a sole proprietor to a public company are required to register their brand and the messaging campaign to send SMS.
Here is the form we have created to make the submission process easy for all VOXOX customers.
10DLC Brand Campaign Registration
Why do I have to register my brand and campaigns?
In recent years, the abuse of SMS for sending unsolicited messages and more nefarious purposes like password phishing has become a major issue. The solution discussed in this article was proposed by the industry in 2019 and is now live in 2021.
What are the benefits of 10DLC?
In order to provide a method for everyone to send reliable SMS over local numbers, the industry created The Campaign Registry. created The Campaign Registry was created in order to facilitate the tracking of brands and campaigns.
Some of the key benefits are:
- Brand vetting allows a 3rd party to verify your brand and every SMS you send to AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon is pre-approved. This leads to reliable delivery because they no longer have to guess if your message is SPAM.
- No limit to message volumes per day for approved use cases. However, there must be a valid use case presented and vetting is required.
- With brand vetting, legitimate SMS will not be blocked by operators.
- Delivery is on par with Short Codes and Toll-Free, but now over local numbers.
How do I get started with 10DLC?
The good news is VOXOX has been sending SMS since 2006 and is a member of The Campaign Registry. The registration process consists of submitting your long code and corresponding brand (company), providing a detailed description of what will be contained within your messaging campaign(s), and being approved by VOXOX.
Upon approval of the campaign, you will be able to send messages over your new 10DLC and should have a much improved general messaging experience. VOXOX will complete the registration on our customer's behalf.
- Step 1: Gather the Brand & Campaign information.
- Step 2: Submit the Brand and Campaign on our registration form
- Step 3: VOXOX will review the registration within 24 hours and reply via email.
- Step 4: VOXOX will assign a Local 10DLC or Toll-Free number.
I have more questions...
If you are a Wholesale or Enterprise VOXOX customer and 10DLC has scared you away, don’t worry we still offer Short Codes and Toll-Free messaging.
Please contact sales for additional information, and one of our customer advocates will reach out to you shortly).
Please sign in to leave a comment.